Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
If you have a varied engineering skills set, this is a well-paid opportunity within the food manufacturing sector.
- Are you an apprentice trained electrically biased multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer?
- Experience of working with high volume bakery manufacturing equipment (mixers, moulders, ovens, slicers, chillers, conveyors) would be ideal.
- Are you qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in the electrical discipline?
- Do you have experience within the Food Manufacturing sector or other FMCG engineering environment?
- Do you possess excellent fault finding skills and are you able to demonstrate experience of planned and reactive maintenance work with basic PLC knowledge?
- Are you self-motivated, a good team player and have the ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently?
- Would you like to join a Food Group with an impeccable reputation as an employer and with genuine career prospects?
- To provide a hands on role resolving immediate problems ensuring continuity of production and limitation of waste or damaged product.
- Proactively identify and solve problems on the plants to increase reliability and efficiency.
- Keep up-to-date with Best Practice and CI Initiatives.
- To document all breakdowns and repairs into the computerised Shire system in the database.
- To utilise the planned preventive maintenance system to ensure all the production equipment is maintained regularly.
- To aid in project work when requested by the Senior engineers.
- To ensure technical investigations into all breakdowns establishing the route cause analysis and the remedial action required.
- Ensure compliance with all the statutory requirement including all Health and Safety issues.
- To work safely at all times using the correct PPE as required in the risk assessments for each particular task.
- To communicate to the production shift manager indicating realistic timescales on major breakdowns to keep production informed of the progress of the breakdown.
- Well established with an excellent reputation within the food industry.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Producer of a range of high quality products, supplying to all of the major multiple retailers.
- Considerable recent investment and growth with an ambitious 5 year growth plan.
Working 4 on, 4 off, 12 hour shifts (rotating between days and nights) this position would suit a good mechanical engineer who also has their 17th edition and good fault finding skills (so 50/50 split electrical to mechanical).
Must be flexible with working hours with both 7am and 7pm starts.
Indicative Salary Range: £40000 - 41000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.