About the role:
The Lab Team Leader is responsible for the operation of the laboratory functions on a day to day basis, supporting the Head of Quality and Production teams.
- Ensure safety, housekeeping and quality standards and procedures are adhered to at all times. You must ensure your safety and the safety of others during the course of your duties.
- To comply with all govt. regulations required in food production facilities.
- Manage lab operations to ensure physics/chemistry, sensory and micro results are available accurately recorded on LIMS database.
- Assist the Lab Technicians during day to day operations and cover as necessary for both foreseen and unforeseen absence.
- Assist the Head of Quality in recruiting and lead the lab technicians to ensure they have the necessary skills and tools to enable them to do their jobs.
- Manage the stock requirements of the lab, ensuring all materials to complete lab activities and quality activities across site are available as needed.
- Work with Production Leads to ensure equipment on the plant is available and calibrated properly to ensure accuracy of results from operator sampling where necessary.
- Monitor the total quality of products in all departments over both sites, using data acquired and knowledge and experience in quality analysis and methods to assist in decision making to maintain and improve the beer.
- Assist with projects and be an active member of continuous improvement teams as necessary.
Specific skills, education and experience desired for the role include:
- At least 1 years’ experience in a Quality Systems or Lab position in a food manufacturing or brewing is desirable.
- Strong leadership skills, at least 1 year experience in a supervisory or Team Leader position is required.
- Working knowledge of lab operations and desirable if you have worked within a brewery production.
- Relevant technical degree (e.g. science, brewing, engineering) is an advantage.
- IBD Diploma in Brewing qualification or similar is an advantage.
- Experience on working on laboratory database (specifically LIMS) is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Package.
- Weekly beer allowance
- Friday lunch
- Full Beer Team Induction
- Proud Living Wage employer
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare and Childcare Vouchers