Position: Senior Operator
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Shift: Rotating Shift (Mon-Fr, 6am-2pm,2pm-6pm,10pm-6am)
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for Senior Operator to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Be responsible for and promote Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and 5S practices
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and work with the QA team to ensure the appropriate QA documentation is completed and signed off and ensure product quality
- Ensure all relevant documentation is completed and signed off throughout the shift, including start-up checks and completed paperwork
- Provide support to the Team Leader in daily activities and deputise for Team Leader where necessary
- Assist in the writing, implementation and verification of SOP’s
- Support the Team Leader in prioritising the activities of the team, ensuring that targets are communicated and labour is utilised effectively
- Identify Continuous Improvement projects and undertake project work, as and when required
- Adhere to health & safety regulations, ensuring that the team work within specified “safe systems of work”
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food safety, Environmental and Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure SAP transactions are actioned within the company’s time-frames and with precision and accuracy
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, e.g. English and Maths O’ level / GCSE equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Level 1 food hygiene certificate
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a similar hands-on role would be an advantage
- Good organisational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Numerate, with the ability to analyse and present accurate basic statistical data
- Technical skills/knowledge in specific area.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 70700).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.