Factory Operative - Prep - Days
Do you want to be paid weekly? Do you want a permanent full time job working on Days with set days each week? .......Then look no further!
We are recruiting for a variety of permanent hourly paid roles on Days in our Prep department.
We have various shift patterns available including part-time and full-time
As Prep Operative you will be responsible for preparing / prepping raw materials / ingredients using machinery (e.g. slicing cucumber, slicing tomatoes, grating cheese etc) so that the ingredients are ready for assembly and production.
Training is provided and previous experience is not always necessary.
Pay rates start at £8.21 per hour for training increasing to £8.42 or £9.07 (depending on shift pattern) on successful completion of probationary period.
As a Prep Operative you will work with raw materials direct from the supplier and process them into materials suitable to be used on sandwiches, flat breads and wraps. We have state of the art machinery which enables us to mix, slice, grate and dice any product into any shape, size or form quickly and efficiently.
You will be responsible for ensuring the ingredient that you’re preparing matches the specification from the customer / supermarket on a 'right first time’ basis.
As you will be responsible for weighing and measuring raw materials / ingredients to customer specifications it is essential that you have a good standard of numeracy and literacy, strong attention to detail and able to work to a high level of accuracy
You will also need to be PC literate as you will maintain and update relevant records and production logs using an electronic system called Aurora/system 21 as well as using MS Excel.
The shift patterns we have available are
- Sunday to Thursday 5am to 2pm - £9.07 per hour
- Sunday to Wednesday 5am to 3.30pm - £9.07 per hour
- Tuesday to Friday 5am to 3.30pm - £8.42 per hour
- Monday to Friday 5am to 2pm - £8.42 per hour
We run recruitment / assessment events for Day shift starting at 10am on a weekly basis. PLEASE NOTE - If you apply for multiple roles then YOU WILL ONLY BE INVITED TO ATTEND ONE ASSESSMENT EVENT.
During the event we will conduct a site tour so you are able to see each of the roles and the environment you will work in. We will talk through ALL vacancies we have available in all departments at Manton Wood for Day shift and you will be asked to select your first and second choices.
If your choices are appropriate based on your skills and/or previous experience, then we will assess you against these.
If you are successful you will be told on the day and it is likely you will be offered your first choice.
We have start dates available throughout June.
- Attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Team player
- Comfortable working in a chilled environment
- Basic Maths & English at Entry level 3 or above
- Good verbal communication skills
The below are desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Food Hygiene (Level 2)
- Health and Safety in the workplace (Level 2)
- Experience in a similar role / previous experience
About the company
- Free on site Gym accessible 24/7
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Share save Scheme
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan
Manton Wood is the flagship site for Greencore and we are very proud of our success and achievements. 25% of site vacancies are offered to internal employees demonstrating that we put people at the core in everything we do.
Greencore, Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for many of the Supermarket retailers in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operate / Produce over a 7 day week across 2 shift patterns - Days and Nights. Greencore is a successful and growing business offering plenty of opportunity for employees looking to advance their career in the Food Manufacturing industry.