New Product Development Manager
Job title: New Product Development Manager (Food)
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job type: Full time
New Product Development Manager (Food)
Welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken, made by hand, served with pride, eaten at the same table. We’re a people business that happens to sell chicken and chips. Starting with our founder Colonel Harland Sanders’ philosophy, when it comes to making our world famous Original Recipe chicken we believe there is a right way to do things. It isn’t always easier but it is always better.
Position: NPD Manager
Location: Woking, Surrey
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 20th June, 2019
About the role:
Culinary expertise and product creativity are essential to this role, as you will be managing the NPD process and tracking multiple projects. You must have the ability to work as part of collaborative friendly cross functional team and also be a self-starter who loves challenging the status quo.
The role of the NPD Team overall is to ensure that KFC UKI develops a pipeline of new products and ideas that have followed our NPD process and that have been fully validated by consumer research and store operational testing. Our aim is to build our pipeline between 18 months to 2 years ahead. We are currently working on some ground-breaking projects including the very first Vegan and Vegetarian burgers. We also take nutrition pretty seriously so be prepared to re-think the fast food category and help us propel KFC into a new world of Fast Good (think Leon, GBK, Pret.).
We are looking for an individual who is ambitious and wants a real growth career in NPD and maybe even transferable over to Technical team.
- Degree in Food Science or Food Technology
- Proven NPD experience, preferably in the restaurant, retail sector or within a manufacturer
- Proven project management skills
- Able to demonstrate that they can follow disciplined NPD processes
- Ability and experience to optimise the process where there is an opportunity to do so
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written
What we can offer you:
- Full access to multiple world class training programmes and courses to help build your knowledge and develop you as a person and a leader including Heartstyles, Leadership Accel and London Business Forum courses
- Huge career progression, support and development opportunities
- Full company car scheme
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- Study support may be available for job-related qualifications
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- International career opportunities across the Yum! Business
- Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that are unique to you, options including gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
You may have experience of the following: NPD Manager, New Product Development Manager, Product Development Manager, New Product Development Executive, Product Development Executive, Product Development, New Product Development, Project Manager, Product Manager, New Product Manager, etc.