This business have an excellent market reputation & as a result have been able to secure more business & develop new products for key retailers. To cement their success, they have invested in new equipment & increased the site capacity. As a Multi-Skilled Engineer you will be part of an established team & working on both electrical & mechanical equipment.
You have the chance to join a leading food manufacturing business that have a diverse product range. As a result of this, they are in need of an electrically biased Multi-Skilled Engineer to be based from their site in the Suffolk area.
This business are in need of a Multi-Skilled Engineer with an electrical bias who will be working as part of a team, leading the implementation of efficient reactive & preventative maintenance processes. This is an exciting opportunity to be able to interact cross functionally in order to improve their engineering efficiency. You will also be required to work alone as well as part of a team & some key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out routine and Planned Preventative Maintenance on equipment and engineering services
- Carrying out repairs/adjustments as required during routine and Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Identifying the cause of plant or equipment failure and carrying out remedial repair work in a safe, speedy and efficient fashion.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with health and safety guidelines, specifically ensuring that all services to plant and equipment is isolated prior to repair and lock off arrangements are used effectively as necessary.
- Carrying out health and safety maintenance as directed or in response to a request for remedial work from the Shift Manager.
- Sourcing and negotiating appropriate short-term equipment supply.
- Responding to corrective maintenance requests from Shift Managers.
- Advising Shift Managers and Supervisors on the best possible practices and operation of plant and equipment in order to maximise throughput of quality product.
- Assisting Service Engineers, Subcontractors & Suppliers with servicing, repairing & installing plant & equipment as required.
- Operating as a proactive, flexible and co-operative member of the Engineering and Production teams.
- Attending meetings and training sessions/courses as required by the company.
- Advising the company about any modifications to plant, equipment or procedures that would improve product quality and/or throughput or reduce operating costs.
- Hours of work Monday to Friday
A Multi-skilled Engineer, ideally with experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment, but experience from other fast paced sectors will be considered. The successful applicant will have:
Circa £35,000 + benefits