Our client, a rapidly expanding ingredients business, are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Specifications Technologist to support the Technical function in delivering high levels of customer service at their site based in Nottinghamshire.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the successful candidate will write product specifications within the respective customer specification databases and will provide technical support to the technical team, including artwork amends, KPI reporting, change management and regulatory/supplier updates.
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Accurate inputting and maintenance of online retailer & supplier portals including the management of information flow and accurate input for the NPD process
- Management of raw material specifications and documentation ensuring legal compliance
- Advising marketing department on weights, measures, advertising claims, health and nutrition, validation and legal labelling
- Assisting the department in the management of the quality management system, including conducting internal audits, ensuring document control at all times and completing traceability and recall exercises
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience within the Food Industry and/or a Food related Degree
- Finished Product Specification Writing experience on Retailer Portals
- Experience completing raw material specifications and obtaining information from suppliers
- Experience completing Customer Supplier Assurance Questionnaires and Customer Quality Attribute Sheets
- IT literate in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of HACCP principles, nutrition information and food law legal labelling
- Excellent communicator with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and intuitive
- Confident working within a factory environment
There will also be occasional travel to customers therefore candidates are required to have a Full UK Driving Licence.
- Multi-site UK based manufacturer of ingredients
- Well-deserved reputation for innovation and technical excellence
- Focus on customer service and value
If you are interested in this role, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4357 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.