- Do you have a Science or Engineering degree or higher qualification?
- Are you methodical, detailed and driven by understanding chemical and biochemical processes within food manufacturing?
- And are you willing to travel to a number of locations around the world as part of your job?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as our client, based in Wiltshire is looking to recruit a Process Engineer to join their food manufacturing business. This really is a unique role and no amount of words can do it justice so we'll try to summarise as best we can but if you're slightly intrigued, please pick up the phone and have a chat!
Key responsibilities for the Process Engineer:
- You will be responsible for understanding the scientific makeup of raw materials within this chilled food manufacturing business. You will work not only with the manufacturing facility in Wiltshire, but with suppliers across the world to ensure that the business continues to be industry leading in their market.
- Understand the chemical and biochemical process involved in this product group.
- Drive manufacturing excellence so not only is the product the very best, but to ensure that quality is equal to that of value for the customer and as well the business. This will include ensuring, through research and trials, that the business is at the forefront of all technology and aware of any future practices and processes, as well as ensuring that current processes & equipment are constantly working to their highest capability with quality, yield, throughput, and cost at the forefront of everything you do.
- Analyse a significant amount of data, current and historic to look for trends and insights, so that recommendations can be made, projects can be designed and delivered, whilst communicating cross functionally.
The Ideal Candidate for the Process Engineer:
- Ideally educated to degree level in either Science or Engineering, or equivalent in experience.
- A couple of years minimum experience in a food processing environment is essential.
- HACCP qualification is hugely advantageous.
- The ability to travel to Scotland, Vietnam, Canada, Central America and other Group locations principally in Europe as part of this role is vital.
- Analytical skills should be exceptional, and you must be able to demonstrate your ability to communicate at differing levels. This will include people from different countries & cultures, to Stakeholders, through to working with academics in this field.
- You will also need to demonstrate that you have completed some research work and may be asked to show this as part of the recruitment process.
Having recruited for this business for a number of years, we cannot recommend this business more highly. With really strong core values where people are at the core of everything they do, and excellent career paths for all their employees, this is an amazing opportunity so please get in touch to discuss the role of Process Engineer.
Salary: £competitive depending on experience
Job Reference: JR11468
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at Winhurst Recruitment from both a client and candidate perspective. By submitting your CV to Winhurst Recruitment, you are giving us your personal data which includes full name, address, phone number and email address. We will add these details to our database to assist with your job search. Our full GDPR policy is on our website. This tells you why and how we hold your data, and for how long. https://www.winhurstrecruitment.co.uk/gdpr
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect