Category Marketing Executive
Category Marketing Executive, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
We are recruiting for a Category Marketing Executive on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.
The role holder will assist in developing and driving category plans for specified accounts through category insight and consumer behaviour understanding. Develop category knowledge and expertise and utilise this to ensure customers adapt to changing consumer needs, giving the retailer and Company opportunities for growth.
Main duties include:
- Support category plans to ensure a proactive approach where the Company leads the consumer agenda with relevant Retailers as their preferred supplier for proposed category opportunities. Contribute to plans through clear category and consumer insight. Input into NPD briefs to ensure product concepts deliver against growth opportunities.
- Liaise with the Customer Marketing Manager to ensure consistency of approach and sharing of best practice between accounts.
- Monitor and evaluate Retailer category performance. Contribute to customers promotional and category range management through clear analysis and insight and assist with NPD, ranging and merchandising opportunities within this process.
- Improve category performance understanding through utilisation of available data sources. Share insights to ensure the Company and its customers are informed to the best of their ability to make effective decisions. Insight and reporting will be driven from weekly EPOS where relevant along with 4 weekly market data sources.
- Track consumer, market and category trends, ensuring the business and customers are proactively informed of developments. Support the assessment of impacts from these on performance and help identify growth opportunities they present for customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience working within a Category Management function in an FMCG business.
- Good analytical abilities and able to interpret data from multiple sources into trends, actionable insight, and opportunities with a logical clear flow within end outputs.
- Competent spreadsheet analysis skills working with large numeric data sets.
- Good presentation skills and can communicate category opportunities and reviews in an engaging and impactful way.
- Experience of using market data e.g. Nielsen, Kantar, Dunnhumby etc, and can extract relevant data & insight.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Trade Marketing Manager, Marketing Executive, C.I.M, FMCG, Food Manufacturing, Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Brand Executive, Sales, Barnsley, Doncaster, Leeds, Wakefield, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire