Engineering Shift Manager
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity within the Food Industry? Do you have experience within supervising/managing teams of shift engineers? Are you looking for a step up within a supervisory role? We are currently recruiting a maintenance supervisor at our Kiveton Site to manage a team of engineers who maintain and improve the performance of all plant and equipment to achieve maximum machine availability targets.
This role will work on a 4 on 4 off days and nights rotation.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team produces all documents and reports accurately and presents information in the required format to given time scales
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Lead the engineering team to create a high performing culture where team members are supported to achieve their potential
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
With previous supervisory experience, you’ll be a time served accredited apprentice or have an Engineering HNC with appropriate levels of industrial experience.
You will have knowledge of manufacturing machinery and / or processes, be computer literate with competent costing and budgeting skills
Not only will you be working for one of the country’s leading food manufacturers you’ll also get to work for a company that really does put people at the core.