Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high-quality products for a range of customers, an exciting opportunity for an HSE Manager to join their Management team.
The HSE Manager will be responsible for developing, maintaining and communicating management systems that are focused on minimising risk and ensuring regulatory compliance in relation to Health, Safety and the Environment. There will be a strong focus on production HSE compliance in relation to one upper tier site and five distilleries also include specific systems such as post incident business continuity.
- Review and develop all aspects of the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented across the business
- Development of Health and Safety Management systems to ensure that all operations are documented and controlled in a manner consistent with current legislation & regulations
- Conducting regular site audits and leading Health and Safety related meetings
- Undertaking risk assessment processes to identify hazards and to ensure that appropriate control measures are in place.
- Investigation and follow up of accident and near miss and ensuring notification requirements are met Working with Departmental Managers and supervisors to ensure staff are fully trained & instructed in all job requirements consistent with Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure that appropriate records are maintained in compliance with legal requirements and that necessary notices are displayed and reviewed.
- Maintenance of existing Upper Tier Safety Report
- Implementation of internal and external Emergency Response Procedures
- Liaison with the Competent Authority (HSE/SEPA) and provide support to area managers during HSE intervention visits.
- Coordination of link to regional council Contingency Planning Liaison Group (CPLG) chaired by North Lanarkshire Council
- Membership of SWA COMAH subcommittee
- Degree qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline
- Diploma in Health and Safety Management
- Graduate membership of IOSH
- Able to demonstrate competency in the subjects relating to process safety risk management and Major Accident Hazard risk assessment methodologies (HAZOP, LOPA).
- Awareness of environmental aspects and impacts of process plant and elements of management systems including. Waste disposal, MATTE assessment, and energy management.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation (including COMAH, DSEAR, Health & Safety at Work Act)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 3-4 years of previous experience in a CoMAH risk-based working environment
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary dependant on experience, maximum being £45,000.
- Private contributory pension.
- 34 days of annual leave.
- Private individual health insurance.
- Discretionary business bonus
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.