EMEA Transport Coordinator
Job Title: EMEA Transport Coordinator
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Location: West London
Sector / Industry: Supply Chain
Job Reference: CD- 24809
Are you a dedicated transport/logistics coordinator with a thirst for new experiences and a keenness to progress within a fast-growing global organisation? Do you want to be part of a developing and dynamic supply chain department? This role requires a personable individual who is detail orientated, with a can-do attitude and the ability to deal with a variety of regions and cultures.
The Supply Chain team is looking for a Transport Coordinator to help assist in helping drive the transportation management forward. As a Transport Coordinator for the European region, you will help assist overseeing in region, import and export, transportation, applying problem solving skills and functional expertise in the areas of fulfilment, distribution and transportation, ensuring the fulfilment and delivery of raw materials, finished goods and promotional products in a timely and efficient manner whilst focusing on achieving this at a cost effective rate. You will have the aid of a transport lead to help succeed while working closely with cross-functional teams to improve logistics operations spanning multiple packers, warehouses, offices, regions and geographies.
• Organising deliveries from/to Multiple EMEA locations as required
• Ensuring customer delivery dates are met
• Dealing with day to day communication with our customer service department/co-packers/transport carriers
• Preparing Import/Export Transport documentation (Packing lists/certificates)
• Support of current TMS programme and assisting with transition of TMS being used as a live communication tool for arranging transport
• Monitoring and updating information in our Transport management System “Kewill” including updating cost information/ creating new lanes / adding new carriers and managing any system exceptions i.e. lanes /transport/prices companies not populating correctly
• Working with our internal and external support teams as well as our chosen transport carriers to allow us to use our current TMS system as a communication tool.
• Managing and reviewing the live view of loads status and feeding back to the customer service team and management in relation to any delays (while also documenting any evidence to assist with claimable occurrences).
• Supporting tender review and cost saving exercises.
The ideal candidate must exhibit good business knowledge evidenced by a high level of integrity, have a clear understanding of the Transportation environment with the ability to deal with a variety of regions and cultures in a fast paced environment.
He/she must be able to focus on achieving priorities in an organised manner and have demonstrated ability to handle multiple activities. Must be able to work independently but also be team oriented.
• 2 years practical experience.
• Experience with logistics concentrating on FMCG, multiple 3PL’s or outsourced providers
• Knowledge of European logistics market and key service providers.
• Knowledge of European customs, duty and compliance in relation to both import and export
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Excel.
• Flexible, enthusiastic, hardworking and committed to a career within a Supply Chain environment
• Strong people and communication skills
• Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working in a cross functional international team environment
• Perform well under pressure
• Ability to work independently and achieve goals and meet timelines
• TMS experience
• Proven background in managing transport, fulfilment and distribution operations.
To Contact Directly: Candice Shaw on 0161 639 0080