Health and Safety Coordinator
Are you looking for a new position within a fast-paced manufacturing company?
Alexander Steele are working in partnership with a fantastic food manufacturing company based in Northumberland. They are currently looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team.
This will be a standalone H&S role and you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and protecting health and safety standards within the company in accordance with current and changing legislation, and provide efficient health and safety coordination
The role will be working Monday - Friday office hours and will pay a highly competitive salary depending on your experience.
- Reporting into the Operations Manager.
- You will develop and maintain internal health and safety strategies, draw up safe operational practices and make any necessary changes to existing protocols.
- Primary lead & coordinator for Health & Safety & Environmental activities
- Drives culture change / reinforcement of good safety cultures, creating the forums and opportunities to involve and communicate with colleagues
- Chair all monthly internal Health & Safety meetings.
- Site and plant inspections/audits with appropriate follow up
- Proven Health and Safety experience within a fast-paced manufacturing business.
- NEBOSH qualification
- Problem solving, challenge the status quo
If you are interested in this position and would like to find out more, please send through your most recent CV or call Richard Steele on 0131 370 9191