Health & Safety Manager
Health, Safety Manager
C£40 - £43k
An ambitious business with plans for the next few years are looking for people who share the same ambitions for continual improvement.
- Ensure the consistent application of the company’s safety management system including regular review and updating of policies and procedures in line with changes in operational activity, legislative requirements and best practice.
- Develop, implement and regularly review the business continuity plans to minimise disruption to critical functions relating to health and safety.
- Carry out regular audits across the site to ensure compliance with health safety and environmental policies and take ownership of the high risk health and safety related tasks on the company PPM system to ensure compliance.
- Manage the investigation into accidents and incidents ensuring controls are in place to prevent re-occurrence.
- To deliver and/or co-ordinate training on all health and safety related issues to team members, managers and visitors are required.
- To access professional support and guidance from other relevant organisations and external sources as necessary and to develop networks for sharing information.
- To manage the health and safety arrangements for all projects on site to ensure legal and local compliance, including fire prevention.
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant legislative criteria and industry standards for food production.
- HACCP (UK standards)
- Fire Warden (UK)
- COSHH trained with a good working knowledge of chemicals and hygiene equipment.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- To be able to build and deliver health & safety and food safety training modulus in all areas of the operation.
- To be able to manage and maintain all data bases and training records
- Internal Auditing experience and knowledge is desirable
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lesa Lynch to firstname.lastname@example.org