Shift Operations Manager
I have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Operations Manager. You will be responsible for leading 6 team leaders and managing all aspects of the manufacturing operation for your shift ensuring that agreed production plans are met and all manufacturing standards are adhered to.
- Leading, co-ordinating and prioritising activity across a shift to deliver productivity and efficiency targets in line with the agreed production plan
- Ensuring the adherence of all food manufacturing safety and quality standards by all teams on shift safeguarding the delivery of great tasting, high quality food products
- Reviewing operational trends across the shift to identify and act upon opportunities that make sustainable improvements in quality, performance and profit
- Leading the ongoing development of the SHE culture, promoting adherence to manufacturing guidelines, accident investigation and audit recommendations to support and improve health and safety in the working environment
- Ensuring that strong communication and information flows are maintained within the operations team to ensure that immediate issues are resolved and ongoing items and trends are shared with the broader operations community
- Forecasting and controlling labour requirements, direct and indirect, to meet production programme requirements and customer expectations within budget
- Monitoring and reviewing team capability, ensuring all staff are clearly focused on their key objectives and developed to maximise their potential
It's critical that you have a good standard of education; excellent literacy and numerical skills, as well as being able to understand, communicate and report clearly in English.
We need someone with demonstrable analytical skills, with the ability to pull actionable insight from data.
You must have prior experience of leading a team and resource planning in a people intensive, manufacturing FMCG environment. You will need to have managed large numbers of people in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Accreditation
- HACCP Level 3 Qualification
- Green/Yellow Belt Six Sigma Certification
- Level 3 Health and Safety - IOSH
Competitive salary, 5,325 car allowance, family healthcare, 17% bonus, pension