Newly Weds® Foods is a leading, privately owned global food ingredients business and has been innovating since 1932. The European division is a market leader in the manufacture of coatings, seasonings and functional ingredient systems.
Today, Newly Weds® Foods is a world leader in food ingredient technology. A network of R&D, manufacturing and service facilities around the globe allows us to serve our customers’ needs in more than 68 countries. But despite our size and scope, we’ve continued to be an independent, family-owned business answerable only to the demands of our customers. That’s why we continue to invest in infrastructure, human resources and capacity to keep pace with our customers’ needs and expectations.
Newly Weds® Foods Ltd are rapidly expanding and as such we are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated, proactive and driven individual to work as a Culinary Technician. Reporting into the Senior Research and Development Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing assistance to the culinary chefs and manager in the creation of a variety of initial concept ideas and finished products for internal projects, customer presentations and culinary lunches.
- Responsibilities include, weighing up recipes and making finished products ready for culinary presentations for internal and external presentations.
- Ensuring all products are made hygienically for future consumption, using accepted methods and safe practices in R&D department.
- Assist the culinary team in cooking and serving products and lunches at both internal and external presentations.
- Participating in innovation, ideas generation and brainstorming sessions
- Maintain accurate records of development work undertaken for Chefs/Managers, including: recipe changes, viscosities, pickups, flash fry times etc.
- Maintain a clean, safe and tidy work area at all times ensuring that kitchen equipment, preparation and storage areas, fridges, freezers and chillers are in a clean and tidy condition.
You should have a strong interest and passion for food. The ability to work collaboratively within a team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills is essential to this role, as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Individuals must be able to prioritise their workload and work effectively when under pressure, as working to tight deadlines is part of this role. You will be comfortable with taking on a broad range of responsibilities including working across Newly Weds Foods portfolio and driving multiple projects to achieve results. As this is a multi-site role you must hold a full driving licence and have a flexible approach to working as you will be required to visit other sites within the UK.
Hours of work
This is a day staff position, working a basic 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday, however due to nature of this role you will need to demonstrate a certain amount of flexibility.
The role offers a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a large, successful business including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus (discretionary)
- Entry into private healthcare plan
- Medicash Health Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus Statutory Holidays
- Free On-site parking at all sites.
Based at both our Ossett and Banbury Site.
Newly Weds Foods is a well-established, innovative and forward thinking business who is looking for dynamic and self-motivated individuals to join the Company. So, if you are seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to, join a globally successfully business, then this may be the position for you.
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2019
If you do not receive a response after 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.