Technologist - Technical Manager/ QA Manager - 12 to 15 Month Fixed Term Contract
Food Manufacture ***Meat Experience Needed***
Technologist – Senior Technical role
12 - 15 Month Contract - Maternity Cover
Business based in Norfolk area **Working Remotely from home **
Customer are based in the Midlands
You will be responsible for management of risk within all aspects of the customer specific category from a product perspective. This includes; product briefs, product launches, product specifications, legal governance, conformity certification, product & process controls, customer and supplier liaison. I am looking for someone who has had exposure to Meat including raw, cooked and further processed products.
You will have experience & knowledge of:
- Exposure to Meat including raw, cooked and processed
- UK retailer and food service technical requirements
- 3 years’ experience within a technical role
- Supplier auditing and approval systems
-To be first point of contact for technical and quality enquiries for specific accounts. Pro-actively manage these Key Accounts and support both the Account Manager and the customer’s Technical Team.
-Carry out regular product quality reviews for the specific accounts in order to guarantee product consistency, and report findings back to both the supplying site and the customer technical team.
-Within the allocated product category, to assist in the development of raw materials and conversions, to include formulation, packaging, labelling and specification, for customer account and site approval.
-To work with technologists and the supplying sites to facilitate the smooth launch of products.
-To build an understanding of the way in which products are made and controlled within the factory through factory visits and attendance at trials and first productions.
-The ownership and preparation of product specifications and process flows and an awareness of any changing UK and EU legal or safety requirements affecting those specifications.
-Prepare and submit customer specifications on the required intranet systems. To ensure regular review of all specifications in conjunction with Technologists at supplying sites to ensure they accurately reflect any product and process changes.
-In conjunction with the Technical Manager to ensure that supplying sites are aware of and comply with customer technical requirements. UK and EU Law.
-To be integral to the development of new products within the defined product category, to include formulation, process and process controls, packaging, labelling and specification for customer comment and approval.
-To be conversant with UK retailer codes of practice.
-To request investigations and provide technical responses to customer queries or complaints within the designated product category.
-Accompany UK customer Technical Visits to sites and provide technical assistance and product knowledge where needed.
-Attend customer meetings to provide technical expertise and product knowledge as and when required, and help to build relationships with our customers.
- The role holder requires a sound understanding of UK retailer and food service technical requirements and must maintain awareness of future developments.
- They would ideally be a graduate in a food technology science or related subject and have verbal/written communications skills and possess a high level of numeric skills. They must have a sound understanding of HACCP, product development systems, and process controls and a working knowledge of animal welfare and supplier auditing and must be fully computer literate.
- This position will involve travelling to various production sites in UK and Europe to carry out factory trials, assist in customer
For further information contact Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt asap on 0131 2265060 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org