Maintenance Engineer, Flixton, Bungay, Suffolk, Food Manufacturing
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Prospects
4 on 4 off
Do you have the four ingredients of success?
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on a challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
When you join the Company, you will become part of one of the UK's largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to provide reactive and preventative maintenance to the site.
At the heart of this, our UK Poultry division produces a third of all poultry eaten in the UK and represents more than half of the Company's business by sales. The division employs over 7,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our production sites are the core to our business and not only do they keep our business running, but they feed the UK every day. Maintenance Engineers help to keep this key site running and work with some of our impressive equipment. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Carry out plant checks and readings on essential equipment.
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical/mechanical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production lines to identify and implement improvements.
- Carry out machine inspections, conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry our preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Provide mechanical or electrical assistance to breakdowns.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you're fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that's created our success. Bring those qualities, with the following and you will have the recipe for success:
- Be a fully qualified/time served Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
- Must be multi-skilled (experience in both electrical and mechanical)
- 17th edition (desirable)
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production / heavy industry environment
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with production
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
The Company is one of the UK's biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With over 20 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, you have the opportunity and flexibility to pick your ideal location.
We employ over 18,000 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as we focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that our business is only as good as the people we employ, we ensure that we invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
We want to make YOU the future of our business.
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Electrician, Maintenance Technician, Engineer, Electrician, Multiskilled, Supervisor, Team Leader, Manager, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Suffolk, Norfolk, Ipswich, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds