My Client is a central contributor to the economy of the UAE, acting as key maritime gateways for import and export activities, to and from the Emirates to all over the world. They are currently looking for a HSEQ Manager to lead their department
The HSEQ manager is responsible for managing matters regarding Health & Safety, environmental and quality systems as well as administering the HSEQ budget. They coordinate all administrative functions within their department and advise senior management on any HSEQ issues arising within the ports.
The roles responsibilities include:
- Ensure all employees are informed and made aware of H&S policies and their legal obligations.
- Provide advice and support to senior management on issues relating to H&S.
- Develop and maintain environmental management systems
- Liaise with EPDA on environmental issues.
- Liaise with federal and local agencies to ensure efficient control of waste
- Drive the implementation of an integrated management system (IMS) that effectively governs the quality, environment and safety systems adopted by the group, thus ensuring compliance with overseeing regulations and policies.
- Develop and maintain the group’s management systems, ensuring documentation meets the specification of mandatory codes, local and international regulations as well as maintaining the ports standards and requirements.
- Develop and administer annual opex and capex budgets
- Develop and administer 5 year budget
- Manage tenders and procurement of contractors
Candidates must have:
- Minimum 5 years as an Occupational Health & Safety practitioner.
- Demonstrable experience within the Maritime Industry.
- Familiar with Statutory requirements and HSE guidance.
Candidates should also ideally have a Degree or equivalent in Occupational Health & Safety and be a Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health.
You should also be a highly competent risk assessor, have detailed knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety.
Additional skills/Qualifications required
- Auditing experience
- Security awareness
- EMS / QMS awareness
- Fire fighting
- First aid
- Lead auditor 9001, 14001, 18001
- Accident Investigation
- Project management
- Change management
- Interview/Appraisal techniques
- Report writing
In return my client offers an excellent tax free salary, company car, relocation assistance and bonus
Indicative Salary Range: £60000 - 70000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.