This is another great opportunity to join our product development team in Worksop developing a range of Food to Go Products .
With full team support, you will continue to learn and develop your skill set along every step of the way as Product Development Technologist. You will be working with the team on the benchmarking of products regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage.
- Coordination of internal and external sample requests including buying, logistics and internal communication
- To input recipes onto the recipe management system to sense check costs and nutritionals
- To assist and support with the co-creation of products alongside the product developers and chefs.
- Basic understanding of how to generate costings, how they build and factors that affect them
- Calculation of basic nutritionals and lab testing requirements
- Complete and check feasibility forms
- Proactively keep up to date with food trends, restaurant openings etc.
- Present new products and upgrades to the Product Development Manager in a professional manner demonstrating your food and process knowledge and expertise
Of graduate calibre, perhaps via an apprentice route, you will have previous experience of working within a food manufacturing industry in the same role.
This really is an exciting opportunity to demonstrate your development knowledge, expertise and passion for great food.
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
We value our people and we expect our people to work the Greencore Way (check out our LinkedIn page or https://www.greencore.com/about-us/the-greencore-way for more information on this)
If you think you have what it takes to make a career out of your passion for food, apply now!