Our client, a successful FMCG manufacturer who continues to produce high quality products for a range of customers, an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager to join their Management team.
Management of maturation and blending activities to meet production plans and customer requirements while ensuring compliance with company policies and relevant regulatory obligations (including HMRC).
- Plan production activities (cask movements, filling, dumping and blending) to ensure efficient use of warehouse plant, equipment and personnel.
- Line management of Production Operators, Lead Operator and Assistant Manager including performance, appraisal and training and development.
- Ensure production plant and equipment is monitored and maintained to minimise cost and risk.
- Manage vehicle maintenance including communication with hauliers and customers as required.
- Manage purchases and related invoicing of direct and indirect production materials where required.
- Ensure production records are maintained utilising relevant hardware and software.
- Deliver and sustain continuous improvement against key performance indicators fully engaging the processing and warehouse teams.
- Ensure compliance with relevant management systems and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure maintenance of site security including acting as a key-holder member of the management team for out of hours cover.
- Provide short-term cover for responsibilities of co-Production Manager & Maturation and Blending Manager as required.
- Manage relevant production related projects linked to infrastructure, efficiency improvement & upgrading of production assets.
- Manage and own your own professional development in order to achieve your work objects and career and personal goals.
- Ensure production area meets requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
- Numerate and literate.
- At least 5 years’ experience within a Production Management role.
- Experience of compliance requirements within a spirits processing environment (HMRC, H&S).
- Experience of IT based stock management and control.
- Experience of championing capex projects.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Driven and able to multi-task handling multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong people management skills.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary dependant on experience, maximum being £40,000.
- Private contributory pension.
- 34 days annual leave.
- Private individual health insurance.
- Discretionary business bonus
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.