Reliability Compliance Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an Compliance/Reliability Engineer based at our site in Bow. Are you highly motivated talented health and safety engineering professional who is looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate and process driven individual? Do you have extensive knowledge on auditing and reviewing compliance performance?
- Ensure internal and external engineering compliance. Internal Compliance means being in accordance with established policies, standards, guidelines, specifications and best practices, while external compliance means being in conformity with relevant international standards - expressed through certifications and regulation.
- Lead ‘action plans’, prepare progress reports with timelines collaborating with engineering functions and/or embedded contractors’ where necessary driving forward compliance improvements, closing gaps, reducing risk and effect change, leading to sustainable continuous improvement.
- Exploring opportunities to add value, develop internal policies and support on cost effective solutions to engineering issues in support of compliance or internal audits, life cycle, asset and plant selection.
- Identify trends through knowledge/data capture of our audit activities and in-house systems to identify risks and enable priorities to be established to rectify any gaps.
- Lead/support in engineering investigations and improvement initiatives whereby compliance is not respected. Identify, escalate and act upon lessons learnt.
- Identify necessary improvement changes in process effecting compliance, risk and efficient working practices.
- Update own job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organisations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Proven experience of autonomously auditing and reviewing compliance performance of the engineering function and assessing risk.
- Knowledge of legal and compliance regulations relating to engineering legislative legislation in an FMCG operation
- Ability to advise, negotiate and influence at all levels communicating difficult messages.
- Lead change management projects and improvement plans when required.
- HNC / HND / Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Building Services Engineering or equivalent (desirable)