Intake QA Manager
Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the major retailers, is looking for an Intake QA Manager for their site based in Kent. This is a key role within the Technical Team ensuring that a high standard of product safety, legality and quality is maintained in respect of raw materials entering the factory.
Reporting to the Factory Technical Manager, key accountabilities for the role are:
Main purpose of the job
- To lead a team of intake technicians with the main purpose of checking raw materials to ensure they meet the agreed specifications
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate a team of Quality Assurance Technicians, coaching and encouraging them to achieve results
- To liaise with raw material suppliers, raise non-conformances as appropriate and verify corrective/ preventative actions to lead to an overall reduction in raw material related issues
- Complete complaint investigations and associated reports related to raw material issues
- Complete periodic trend analysis for any raw material non-conformances/ raw material related complaints.
- Conduct periodic traceability audits and mass balances back to source
- Assist Technical Systems/ Purchasing with conducting periodic supplier reviews
Essential skills and experience include:
- Ability to efficiently manage, motivate and develop a team
- Emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills as a customer and supplier facing role
- Great organisational skills, skilled at time management
- Good standard of written English and Numeracy
- Ability to generate and interpret statistical data
- Good IT skills- data entry, report writing (graphs & charts) and photography skills will be required
- Full UK driving licence
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested sites
- Supplying major retailers across the UK
The hours for this role are 7:00am - 4:00pm (Monday to Friday), some flexibility may be required.
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4366 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.