Our client are a UK Contract Manufacturer operating primarily in the Vitamins and Supplements markets. Their aim is to build long term relationships in the industry with a focus on healthy business. Due to amazing growth over the past couple of years there has been an internal re-structure which has created a number of new positions.
Our client are looking to recruit an experienced and people, process and performance centric individual with proven experience in the process manufacturing industry. This is a newly created role and is a great opportunity to have autonomy over the role, process implementation and the development of your team.
This role will work a three shift system of, 0600-1400, 1400-2200 and 2200-0600 and you must be able to work the three shifts alongside your Zone Leaders and team.
The ultimate goal for this role is to be responsible for ensuring the high quality outputs are optimised whilst fully complying with Health & Safety and GMP regulations. The Shift Manager should always lead by example demonstrating high standards of behaviour, honesty and integrity at all times.
- Outside of office hours the shift manager will take full responsibility of the site and act as site manager
- Actively manage the production team to ensure high levels of personal conduct, attendance and HSQ standards
- Alongside the technical leads and the zone leaders ensure resource is available to achieve/exceed the production plan through management of holidays, absence and skill training
- Ensure the production team is meeting the required level of product quality by regular inspections and audits
- Ensuring the production area is maintained and kept in a clean and tidy state – ‘audit ready’ at all times
- To ensure all production related paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Manage and develop Zone Leaders to ensure they actively take responsibility for the performance of their teams
- Ensure a full detailed shift handover is conducted
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience within a production managerial position ideally within a process manufacturing environment i.e. FMCG, Chemical, and Contract Manufacturing etc.
- Experience leading and developing teams
- Proven experience implementing and introducing new processes into a production environment
- Ability to work all three shifts as stated above
- Ability to lead by example and instil the same culture into your Zone Leaders
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter via the link below.