Quality Assurance Technician
Late Shift - 1400 - 2200
Reporting to the Food Safety Manager
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Through the dedicated efforts of more than 8,500 employees, CSM serves customers in 100+ countries, providing specialized ingredients and finished products. Customers include all the major multiples along with food service organizations, quick serve restaurants and the major well known coffee houses.
The CSM UK head office is in the Wirral with other production facilities throughout the UK. The total annual turnover for the UK business is in excess of £200 million.
Purpose of the role:
Proactively support site departmental managers to ensure compliance with the documented food safety and quality standards.
- Follow the minimum testing schedules to ensure products are tested for sensory, physical, chemical and microbiological properties
- Report out of specification test results are required
- Verification checks to ensure that the following have been completed Weight of WIP and end product, Metal detector checks, Label checks, Scale checks, Post oven checks and Knife/scoop and ruler checks
- Temperature monitoring and recording for the following Product, Chillers, Hand wash and tray wash
- Implementing preventative/corrective actions resulting from customer complaints or non-conformances
- Completion of QA documentation ensuring documentation is complete for product on hold
- Complete GMP audits and inspections of buildings & fabric, Glass & Hard Plastic, Line Audits
- Ensure collection, release for end of life and retention of samples with documented detail
- Allergen monitoring and verification of hygiene standards
- Other food safety / quality activities as requested
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Strong numerical and literacy skills
- Basic PC Skills
- Strong communication skills
- L2 Food Safety/HACCP or higher - Desirable
- Previous experience in a food production environment - Desirable
- Analytical Thinking
- Strong problem solving and decision making
- Ensuring completion of all written records
- Quality issues Right First Time
- GMP Audits
- Audit readiness
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- 28 days annual leave ( includes 2 public holidays - Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- Workplace Pension
- On-going training
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On site car park
For further information please check out our careers page
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Candidates who previously applied for this role in May 2019 need not apply.
If you are unsuccessful, please note that we will NOT keep hold of your CV for future vacancies unless you specifically request that we keep it on file. All unsuccessful CV’s will be destroyed 1 week after the closing date