Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety (QEHS) Co-ordinator
We currently have a vacancy for a Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety (QEHS) co-ordinator to be based at Aylesbury Transport hub. Reporting to the Outbound Transport Manager you will be responsible for implementing Arla Foods QEHS standards/policies, relevant certifiable standards, customer demands, legislation and site standards in a cost-conscious manner.
Some of your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Heading Monthly QEHS meetings, updating stats, Graphs etc
- Supporting accident investigation progress, through the Management Team
- Supporting a Training framework for the site management and Colleagues
- Providing relevant reports to site and UK Logistics management team as required
- Carrying out internal and external audits supporting wider UK Logistics team
- Coaching teams and individuals within in QEHS topics at the site and provides QEHS training where appropriate
- Leading coordination of customer audits and visits to support and enhance customer satisfaction
- Supporting the behavioural safety program
- Helping to ensure that Arla Foods QEHS standards/policies are implemented within the site, working collaboratively with other members of UK QEHS team and supply chain functions.
- Developing site specific QEHS procedures and objectives/targets
- Contributing with specialist knowledge about QEHS standards, systems and processes in relation to UK logistics support by UK Logistics Q&FS manager
- Participating in QEHS related projects and implements initiatives to deliver continuous improvement with respect to UK logistics in collaboration with the UK QEHS team
- Liaises with local authorities and other relevant external bodies
- Follow up on NCR or LIA issues arising from process confirmation walks, GMP audits, procedures challenges, external and internal complaints. Lease with the appropriate department/3rd party contractor, driver or Arla colleague to ensure appropriate feedback and corrective actions in relation to any issues identified.
- Coordination of emergency response procedures for logistics (Fire Extinguishers, Fire Wardens and First Aiders), Ammonia response, site security, spillages, etc)
We are looking for someone who has experience in Health and Safety, specifically in a storage & handling or FMCG environment. You should be qualified in a Health & Safety subject and preferably be NEBOSH and IOSH certified. In addition, you must have the ability to work independently and part of a team.
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world's favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Castello® - names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world.
This is a Monday to Friday working pattern although some flexibility may be required.
Please apply online as soon as possible.