Quality Assurance Administrator - Fruit & Veg - Full Time - Wimbledon. South West London
The Quality Assurance department ensures the quality and safety of all Lidl UK own brand products, through a structured programme of testing, auditing and compliance.
This role is responsible for overseeing and assuring the quality and safety of our fruit and veg through supplier approval, pesticide testing and reduction, and product quality standards.
What will you do?
- Ensuring supplier compliance with quality management systems
- Strict adherence to processes and procedures to ensure audit compliance at all times
- Arranging timely pesticide testing
- Creating reports for UK and our International Head Office
- Liaising with other Head Office departments as well as external departments
- Training our Warehouse staff in sampling procedures
- Creating, maintaining and updating product specifications
- Performing additional ad hoc tasks as part of the Quality Assurance Team
- Evaluating test results and creating corrective action plans
- Working with laboratories and Warehouses to ensure the correct product is collected and pesticide tested
- Ensuring Service Level Agreement’s from our laboratories are met
- Oversee & run the fruit & vegetable quality assurance system
What will you need?
- Analytically minded, pragmatic and highly professional
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Keen eye for detail
- Organised with strong time management skills
- Strong multi tasker who enjoys working to schedules and deadlines
- Excellent communicator with exceptional organisational abilities
- Good presentation skills and not afraid to present to an audience
- UK driving license
- Highly competent user of Microsoft Excel
- Degree in a food science related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of food, particularly fruit and veg
- Excellent knowledge of food legislation
- As the role involve some travel within the UK, overnight stays should be fine
What do we offer?
- £22,000 - £27,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
- 30 days annual leave per annum, pro rata (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products. Leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities for added responsibility within the team