Student NPD Placement
1 Year industrial work placement in Product Development starting in October 2019
Working as part of the Product Development team to help develop new and modify existing products in line with written briefs.
The role may include the following accountabilities while under supervision of the Product Development team
- Build a relationship with customer through relevant communication on product developments to ensure the critical path milestones are met
- Ensure that products meet agreed nutritional and organoleptic requirements for the customer and company
- Liaise with Account Managers to ensure that all products meet margin and contribution aspirations
- Present new products and upgrades to the Product Development Manager in a professional manner demonstrating your food and process knowledge and expertise
- Work alongside the Chef to translate recipes into viable commercial products
- Source and verify the feasibility of new raw ingredients within Greencore specifications and approved suppliers
- Benchmark products regularly to gain awareness of the market for a competitive advantage
- Write cooking instructions in line with customer and safety requirements to meet external retailer best practice
- Contribute to idea generation within the team to maximise competitor advantage
- Works with manufacturing team to verify feasibility of products going into manufacturing environment
- Working towards a , Food Nutrition or Food Technology degree or similar
- A passion for food
- Analytical and numerate
- Good communication skills
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets.
The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
For further information go to www.greencore.com or follow Greencore on social media.