Quality Assurance Manager
We’re currently working with one of the best known names in dessert production search for a Quality Assurance Manager.
Did I mention that it’s working with desserts?
We’re looking for someone to:
- To lead on food safety, quality and hygiene, implementing changes where necessary to comply with customers’ and government regulations.
- Issue and maintain customers’ specifications, labels, and other documentation and ensure it is adhered to. Maintain specifications of all finished product standards.
- Respond to customer complaints, liaising with Senior Managers as necessary.
Lead the QA team, ensuring the product is checked online on a routine basis, recording customer specific information as required.
- Work with new product development and production teams to ensure that methods and working practises for new products and product changes comply with relevant food safety requirements.
- Ensure packaging, label and product nutrition information is accurate. Maintain shelf life trials to ensure best before dates are correct.
- Work with purchasing to ensure all suppliers complete a paper audit before supply. Inspect high risk ingredients’ suppliers before being given approval to purchase.
- Ensure Company meets its legal requirements for environmental health issues including pest control, temporary agency compliance and QA manual compliance
- Works with export agencies in international shipment compliance and documentation
- Confident handling of customers own representative requirements
- Oversees and maintains standards from Contract Cleaning company
- Production laboratory sample organisation and analysis and implementing corrective actions
We’re looking for someone with a degree in Food Science (or equivalent) and has experience and a good technical knowledge of food safety requirements and has the leadership skills and the confidence to use them to motivate and inspire.
If you think this could be the role for you, contact Jim in the office.