FULL TIME PERMANENT VACANCY FOR
QA TEAM MEMBER
JLM Global Foods is a snack manufacturer located in Darlington, Co Durham. We produce foods for a healthier lifestyle including a range of retailer and own branded products.
We require an additional member to join our QA team to work over three shifts ensuring product quality and safety. Normal hours of work are 40 hours per week Monday – Sunday.
The role and key tasks are:
- To ensure the effective implementation of company processes and procedures in order to ensure safety, quality and legality of products throughout the process.
- Ensuring the product meets the specification by carrying out hourly flavour checks, bag weight checks, packaging coding details etc.
- Checking in deliveries of raw materials and food contact packaging to ensure they conform to specification.
- Carrying out daily, weekly and monthly audits of the factory, including glass/hard plastic audits and GMP audits.
- A basic level of understanding - Hazard Analysis System (HACCP) and be able to complete CCP checks.
- To organise and issue production paperwork and labels then complete, check, file, store and retrieve any audit documents when required.
- Manage sample/archive area and associated documentation for manufactured finished product, shelf life, associated tests.
- Verify general hygiene and machine operation via inspections prior to line start-up.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of good food industry manufacturing practices and hygiene standards
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact well with others at all levels, including customers and auditors.
- Exceptional report writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly, whilst under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Ability and willingness to undertake training as part of his / her own role.
- Ability to work overtime at short notice.
- Work as part of a team and able to cover other requirements as necessary.
Deadline – 5th July 2019