A fantastic opportunity for an experienced, hardworking and enthusiastic Lab Technician to take the next step in their career with an innovative technical business - putting their stamp on a fast-growing business sector with exciting product innovations.
- Performing laboratory tests to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Support running QC methods and water analysis
- Testing samples and validating prototype devices
- Demonstrating the use of these devices on trial environments
- Training users from different backgrounds on the use of these devices, ensuring they are operated in a safe manner
- Support Health and Safety COSHH assessments on the use of these devices in production environments
- Ensuring all work is carried out in an accurate and timely manner, making certain that all data collected is precise and error-free
- Supporting general lab duties such as reagent preparation, handling of chemical waste etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Ultimately, we are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and well-organised Lab Technician who is passionate about solving major challenges in food hygiene and safety. However, the following basic skills would be an advantage:
- Previous experience (three or more years) working in a Laboratory, manufacturing or engineering environment preferred
- Ability to carry out tests in a meticulous and timely manner
- Experience of Titration and Ion Chromatography methodologies or working in a scale-up chemical lab preferred
- A Higher National Diploma or higher is required, preferably in Analytical Chemistry/Physics/Microbiology/Biology/Engineering
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that samples are processed to meet requirements
- Full laboratory training will be provided
If this is the role for you then apply today!!
Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants.