This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Food / FMCG Manufacturing business based in Crewe
My client is a blue chip manufacturing organisation.
- Provide guidance and support to the management team on best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental matters.
- Drive the roll out of an upgraded Safety Management System as supported by various software systems.
- Interpret centralised EHS strategies and translate them locally, ensuring compliance with corporate standards and achievement of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation.
- Acts as the competent person for EHS across the site, offering support and training, managing the risk process and completing all other EHS activities relating to Operational and support teams.
- Drive a 'Just Culture' supporting fairness, openness, accountability and learning, building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Report on health, safety and environmental performance at site level.
- Lead the investigation process relating to incidents/accidents and compliance breaches.
- Manage the site's contribution to Group ISO accreditations for 14001:2015.
- Co-ordinate internal and external audits relating to safety and environmental standards, ensuring follow up actions are implemented.
- Develop and drive health and wellbeing initiatives contributing to overall worker safety.
- Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work incorporating safety and environmental requirements, undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- Drive the continuous improvement of employee health, safety, welfare and environmental issues through promotion and communication.
- Develop and deliver internal health, safety and environmental awareness training.
- Establish key working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business (and where applicable clients, contractors, authorities and third parties).
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and industry best practise.
- IOSH Membership
- Engineering qualifications / background preferred
- Environmental qualification preferred (but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate).
- Previous experience of undertaking an HSE role within a fast-paced continuous process manufacturing organisation.
Circa £40,000 dependent on experience