Co-ordinate all of the production equipment and resources available in the production area, and manage the team in an efficient way to ensure safety (100% compliance with legislative and company procedures), quality (100% compliance with internal and external customer specifications) and work standards are met all the time. Introduce and develop a culture focused on continuous improvement.
The Production Manager role is for a multinational FMCG manufacturer with this site based in Bristol. They are a market leader in their field across Europe . They invest heavily in machinery and R&D to keep ahead of their competition.
The Production Manager will need to KPI driven and focused on improving performance of the site. Introducing and developing a continuous improvement culture through training and development of the staff.
You will have a focus on developing your team , particularly your Shift Managers.
You will need to develop the quality of the product, working with the Quality Manager on route cause analysis and maintaining important ISO's.
Drive a "health and safety first " culture. Developing the teams understanding and recommending training where necessary.
You will lead the way on manufacturing improvement and cost saving exercises , through recommendations or facilitating your team to present and deliver improvements.
The successful Production Manager will have:
- Outstanding People Skills: lead by example
- A Positive "Can-do" Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills: Strong listener
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Promote-ability within the organisation
- Technical background: Manufacturing Operations
- Ability to lead and develop the team
- Strong financial management skills
- Degree required - Persons filling this job will be expected to have a degree or be making progress towards the completion of a suitable honours degree.
- Leadership and motivation experience.
- 3 - 5 year continuous process experience as a leader.
- NEBOSH safety qualification.
£55-£58 based on experience