Luxury Operations Team Leader
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Luxury Operations Team Leader with technical awareness of production facility, to join our client’s team on their new Premium Packaging Centre, Arete, in Cumbernauld
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will lead the luxury operations team, developing and managing a multifunctional team across four packing lines and being the champion of continuous improvement. It will focus on right-first-time product quality, zero safety incidents and full compliance to all required standards and regulations.
We are looking for candidates with strong people leadership & interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as a team, communicate effectively at all levels and motivate employees.
- Develop and lead the Luxury Operations team to achieve optimum levels of production performance and engagement, driving the attainment of all required key performance indicators and providing motivation and direction while empowering supportive attitudes between teams/functions in line with company values
- Ensure area of responsibility is compliant with all Health & Safety, BRC, Environmental & Customs Legislation and lead team(s) to be proactive in addressing safety observations / risks
- Responsible for ensuring overall product quality meets defined standards, ensuring all processes, equipment, documentation and training are appropriate, compliant and safe.
- Provide necessary support and training to staff in order to achieve personal objectives and realise company benefit
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of shared objectives
- Manage the area of responsibility budget including variable and fixed costs for maximum functional benefit
- Own & report on the daily, weekly and monthly deliverables (KPI's), monitoring and leading action when required to ensure commitments against deliverables are met
- Lead the start-up of a new multi-million pound luxury manufacturing line, ensuring effective management of the cross-functional delivery team and validation of the line to achieve implementation on time and within budget; and proactively contribute to the planning and execution of any future development initiatives for the site
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of appropriate training and development programmes to promote a culture of employee development and continuous improvement and address any identified gaps in a proactive and timely manner
- We pride ourselves on embracing the pioneering spirit of our founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing your ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
- Technical awareness of production facility
- Strong People Leadership & interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as a team, communicate effectively at all levels and motivate employees
- Demonstrable understanding and passion for luxury and premium goods
- Previous experience of leading medium to large sized teams, with a record of successful team building/engagement, coaching and talent development
- Demonstrable knowledge of Lean/Continuous improvement methodologies and experience of applying these within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of commissioning new equipment and/or processes within manufacturing
- Technical or managerial Degree/HNC
- Experience within luxury manufacturing
- Experience within spirits/alcohol manufacturing
- Experience & understanding of strategic planning gained in a high volume, manufacturing environment.
What’s on offer
- A starting salary of up to £45,000 doe.
- A private business pension
- Private healthcare
- Business performance bonus
- 24 days annual leave + 10 days pub holidays
- Annual product allowance scheme
- Working hours; Monday to Thursday 07.00 – 15.30, Friday 07.00 – 13.00
If you feel that you have the appropriate skills and competencies required, please forward a copy of your CV to Simon Norris.
More searches like this
- Engineering Other Business Sector jobs in North Lanarkshire
- Operations Other Business Sector jobs in North Lanarkshire
- Packaging Other Business Sector jobs in North Lanarkshire
- Production Other Business Sector jobs in North Lanarkshire
- Quality Assurance Other Business Sector jobs in North Lanarkshire