As a result of significant investment over the past 5 years and, with further investment planned, a Health and Safety Manager is now required to supplement this passionate and progressive operational management team
As an integral member of the senior management team you will be tasked with co-ordinating all aspects relating to health, safety and environmental management on site. These will include, but are not limited to:
* Primary point of HSE competence for all site personnel.
* Ensure the Company and applicable Management is aware of applicable legal obligations and notified of changes in legal process.
* Engage Communicate and assist Site Management and others in the identification and application of workable solutions to HSE deviations.
* Create, maintain and improve where necessary HSE policies and procedures.
* Produce HSE statistical and analytical reports for circulation to local and group Management in a timely manner as required by the business.
* Ensure appropriate training and awareness programs are in place for all relevant legal codes of practice.
* Act as site point of contact and liaise as necessary with the HSE and other Regulatory functions. Formulating plans for continuous improvement of Health & Safety and the environment * Assist Managers and others Inspect the workplace, equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
* Engage and assist Management and others in reporting and investigating accidents and near miss reports assist management in the verification of corrective and preventive actions.
* Liaise with Insurers as necessary in line with ELI and other applicable claims data processes.
* Ensure appropriate audit and inspection programs are introduced and conducted to validate and improve both legal and corporate standards.
* Lead by demonstrable example on all HSE procedures, process and practice
Required Qualifications & Experience:
* A minimum of 3 year's experience in a similar or equivalent role.
* Experience in Food Manufacturing Management or similar industry is desired.
* NCRQ/NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 4/5, NCRQ level 6 diploma or equivalent Qualification required.
* Grad IOSH, Full Member of IIRSM or above preferred.
* Excellent knowledge of data analytics and HSE risk assessment.
* Excellent organizational and motivational skills
* Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Salary Competitive based on experience and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: HSE: 3 years (Preferred)