Health & Safety Adviser
This dried fruit and nut packing business runs 25 lines and anticipates further growth in the coming 12 months.
Their customers include Aldi, Lidl and Co-op, and their product offering includes protein snacks, flapjacks and nutritional organic powders.
They are now actively recruiting an experienced Health & Safety Adviser to join the growing business, with the view to progression to H&S Manager overseeing all sites.
Reporting to the HR Director, this person will be crucial to ensuring health & safety compliance and efficiency to the highest level, exploring ways to improve processes and awareness throughout the business.
This role will attract someone looking for a fresh challenge who feels confident to build a health & safety department that can be integrated into the business to maximise professionalism.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Continually updated risk assessments for both sites
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Along with the HR Director lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Improving and adapting health & safety training for staff throughout all sites
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers and relay at Health & Safety monthly meetings
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Engaging with all levels of staff within the business to maximise results and prevention
- You must demonstrate excellent communication skills as this role will involve you communicating at all levels
- Must have a flexible approach to working hours as occasionally you will be required to train health & safety practices on the late shift
- Excellent organisational skills as you will be expected to manage your own workload in a professional manor
- Negotiating skills to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation
- Excellent Leadership skills with the ability to manage people and resources to reach the successful completion of the projects.
Experience in a similar role with a NEBOSH qualification required.
A great opportunity in the rolling hills of rural Shropshire.
Indicative Salary Range: £23000 - 27000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.