A Health and Safety Manager is now required to supplement this passionate and progressive operational management team.
- Primary point of HSE competence for all site personnel.
- Ensure the Company and applicable Management is aware of applicable legal obligations and notified of changes in legal process.
- Engage Communicate and assist Site Management and others in the identification and application of workable solutions to HSE deviations.
- Create, maintain and improve where necessary HSE policies and procedures.
- Produce HSE statistical and analytical reports for circulation to local and group Management in a timely manner as required by the business.
- Ensure appropriate training and awareness programs are in place for all relevant legal codes of practice.
- Act as site point of contact and liaise as necessary with the HSE and other Regulatory functions. Formulating plans for continuous improvement of Health & Safety and the environment
- Assist Managers and others Inspect the workplace, equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Engage and assist Management and others in reporting and investigating accidents and near miss reports assist management in the verification of corrective and preventive actions.
- Liaise with Insurers as necessary in line with ELI and other applicable claims data processes.
- Ensure appropriate audit and inspection programs are introduced and conducted to validate and improve both legal and corporate standards.
- Lead by demonstrable example on all HSE procedures, process and practice.
- A minimum of 3 year's experience in a similar or equivalent role.
- Experience in Food Manufacturing Management or similar discipline is desired.
- NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level 4/5, NCRQ level 6 diploma or equivalent Qualification required.
- Grad IOSH, Full Member of IIRSM or above preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of data analytics and HSE risk assessment.
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
The role is currently specified at 37.5 hours per week albeit this is flexible for the right candidate
Salary competitive based on experience and qualifications.