Health & Safety Manager - Group travel required
Job Title: Group Health, Safety and Manager
Responsible to Site Operations Manager/Director
As the Group Health and Safety Manager, your role is to support the management team and give commercial advice on all matters relating to health and safety in support of the corporate strategy.
Reporting directly to the site Operations Manager your responsibilities/ Objectives would include but not limited to:
- To act as the site competent person providing professional assistance on all matters relating to health, safety and fire legislation within the industry sector.
- To actively support the management team to meet Health and Safety KPIs and performance objectives with the aim of improving site safety and commercial objectives.
- Conduct and complete all site-related risk assessments with the support of line management to identify all key risks within the location and make commercial recommendations to reduce such risks.
- Produce and implement site-specific safe working practices with the aim of improving knowledge, skill and attitude which will have a direct effect on reducing accidents or incidents which could lead to financial loss.
- . Carry out and complete specialist risk assessments such as Manual Handling, Cosh and DSE to ensure that risks are reduced to meet commercial and legislative requirements.
- . To conduct detailed accident investigations and recommend commercial solutions to prevent reoccurrences so that management teams can implement to reduce accidents and incidents.
- . Conduct a detailed analysis of all health & safety related training and produce comprehensive training matrices by role to ensure legal compliance for specific tasks that require specialist training with records and refresher training completed as required.
- . Actively monitors emergency procedures and site fire safety arrangements relating to colleagues, visitors and contractors in line with fire safety policy and risk assessment requirements to ensure that legal compliance and best practice is met.
- . Undertake monthly site inspections and report on any findings to the management team and deficiencies that may be identified to maintain safety standards and monitor the effectiveness of safety policies and procedures.
- KPIs or develop energy initiative programs.
- . Produces and maintains accurate site accident data capturing all required information for required Group accident information reports, identifying any trends or multiple colleague’s accidents and taking positive action with the management team to reduce them.
- . File and maintain health & safety documentation which is required for inspection by external auditors or HSE/Fire Authority inspectors in a logical and organised manner ensuring that records are updated and replaced in line with Company changes and updates.
• Negotiable salary, car + pension
• Mon - Fri (7.30am - 4pm)
• Ideally Food background
• NEBOSH diploma (preferred). Will also look at NEBOSH certificate
Due to the location of this role, relocation will more than likely be required.
To know more, please contact Matt on 01312265060 or apply now