**NORTH EAST SCOTLAND**
The business is looking for an experienced Senior Food Technologist/Technical Manager to take on responsibility for the management of the business’ quality assurance system, and have overall responsibility for quality and food safety
Reporting to a group Technical Manager, your responsibilities will include but not limited too
• To have overall responsibility for technical and quality management, taking on a key role currently shared between the Owner and Production Manager.
• Liaise with key customers in meeting their technical and quality assurance requirements.
• Work closely with the Production Manager to ensure the factory meets quality and safety expectations at all times.
• Ensure compliance with retailer codes of practice, BRC
• The successful candidate will have experience of developing and managing quality systems, auditing,
• Working knowledge of industry best practice, HACCP principles and experience with recognised quality assurance schemes such as BRC and
• PC Literate; must be confident with MS Excel and other common industry IT systems.
• Excellent communicator and analytical, detailed approach.
• Have a positive, ‘can-do’ and practical approach to problem-solving.
• Take ownership of your responsibilities and be able to manage your priorities and time effectively.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with major retailers and a minimum of 3 years’ industry experience, ideally in chilled or frozen including shellfish, seafood poultry meat or similar.