Safety, Health, Environmental Manager (SHE)
Position: Safety, Health, Environmental Manager (SHE)
Based: Littleborough, UK
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast-paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Track, Improve & Develop Site Strategies for sustained HSE Performance
- Develop, initiate and coordinate short, medium and long-term activities and innovative preventative strategies and program for HSE to continue enhance the safety culture
- Implement systems of work and support managers to secure meaningful employee involvement
- Actively lead implementation of legal, insurance and Corporate standards
- Act on behalf of McCormick with regards 3rd party and insurance bodies to insure accident claims are proactively managed against legal framework, McCormick reputation and status is in balance with claimant’s desired outcomes. Protect McCormick from fraudulent claims.
- Provide advice and support to line in incident investigation, analysis and follow-up. Analyse accident/ incident pattern. Review and coordinate learning from incidents at other sites.
- Provide line with support in implementing a risk management system. Ensure HSE risks and impacts are appropriately identified
- Lead agenda on environmental controls, waste management systems
- As part of management team, set, monitor and report on KPI’s
- Chair Site's H&S and Environment committees and conduct periodical management reviews
- Liaise with external customers, regulatory bodies, lobbies, etc. – audit, best practice
- As part of the Site Management team, act as a technical expert and internal consultant, direct, lead, coach site
- Work with Occupational Health and HR on well-being programmes
- An individual graduated from the such subject areas Food, Science, Manufacturing or Engineering, relevant industry recognised qualification, e.g. NEBOSH, CIEH, IEMA
- Experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or site facility roles with progressive responsibility for H&S, Environmental
- A strong inspiring leader in SHE.
- Experience of working in Quality function desirable
- Lead Auditor experience / skills
- Experience of leading a significant H&S or environmental project
- Strong problem-solving skills: leads others in problem solving & root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence others (internal & external) and build effective relationships (internal & external)
- Leadership skills, proven track record of leading, engaging, coaching, mentoring etc
- Ability to engage and involve stakeholders at all levels
- Project and change management skills
- Continuous improvement mind-set
- PC literate (main systems to be utilised)
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req.n° 70518).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.