Operations Manager- weekend
Position: Weekend Operations Manager
Based: Littleborough, UK
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for Weekend Operations Manager to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast-paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Establishing clear operational and project goals for each direct report and department in support of stated business objectives and strategies.
- Work with Factory Leadership to identify opportunities for improvements to products, process, people, systems and equipment. Where practical recommend methods to achieve these improvements.
- Ensure full compliance with McCormick Quality, A Food Safety Culture, BRC compliance and Health & Safety requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply and Scheduling systems for intervention of the weekend period to optimise service and production performance
- Measure operational performance of key productivity indicators on an on-going basis across the weekend shift providing coaching and corrective measures as required. Ensure all work is fully aligned with the Monday to Friday operation
- Developing and tracking financial performance, with team for the annual expense budget
- Ensuring that the process is continuously improved with systematically implemented innovations
- Effective delegation of the tasks among the team as well as ensuring that it is performed in cooperation with weekday teams to maintain the 24/7 cycle without delays
- Cooperating with Health & Safety Committee to provide safe working environment conditions as well as supporting internal audit requirements
- Providing periodic coaching sessions to staff
- Tracking and developing financial performance of the company
- An individual graduated from the such subject areas Food, Science, Manufacturing or Engineering
- Extensive Operations experience, preferably within the Food or Process Industry.
- Demonstrable experience of Change management processes.
- Experience of working with senior management groups, across several business units.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplined environment as well as agile management skills
- Strong leadership attitude as well as team-spirit approach
- Commercially focused
- Strong IT skills (i.e. working with such programmes as Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Word)
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.