Quality Shift Manager
Are you a Quality Shift Manager looking for your next move?
We are currently recruiting a number of QSMs for well established manufacturer based in the South West.
As part of the site FLM team, you will be responsible for ensuring operational implementation of statutory obligations, customer requirements, company policies with respect to food safety and due diligence on the factory floor. You will also be required to implement effective procedures and factory floor verification activities to ensure operational and technical integrity at all times.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
· Implementation of all procedures within the QMS on the factory floor ensuring all checks are carried out as required and records maintained and easily retrievable.
· Communication QMS upodates to relevant teams and ensure new ways of working are monitored continually for effectiveness.
· Ensure factory floor standards and records are always relevant and up to date.
· Support and contribute to the NPD process and introduction of new products to site, ensuring the requirements are implemented into factory operations and reviewed with FLM teams.
· Ensure HACCP procedures and monitoring activities are in place and adhered to on the factor floor.
· As part of the site internal auditing team, conduct and document QMS, cleaning standards, practical factory standards and fabrication audits.
· Identify and follow up on any raw material non conformances to ensure finished products standards are not compromised.
· Lead complaint investigations on all complaints applicable to the production shift and communicate findings to Quality Assurance Manager.
· Ensure all test equipment used on shift are calibrated and maintained with calibration standards.
· Ensure organoleptic and all other test databases are accurately maintained in order to ensure effective reporting.
What we need from you:
· Diploma or higher national certificate in a food science or related discipline.
· Minimum 2 years in a food manufacturing environment in a supervisory role.
· Detailed knowledge of HACCP – ideally qualified to level 2.
· Detailed knowledge of GMP and SOPs.
· Working knowledge of WHS legislation and systems.
· Experience of managing internal and external auditing processes and requirements.
· Experience of major retailers
For more information contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk