Health and Safety Advisor
I am now looking to recruit an Health and Safety Advisor for a large manufacturing company based in Sheffield. This position is to provide a professional EHS service to the Company, to monitor the application and compliance of all policies, and to be the primary representative of the Company with external agencies. This position is on a day's basis Monday to Friday and would come with career development.
Based in Sheffield my client is a large manufacturing company who has been operating for 50 years in the UK, providing quality services and products to its British OEM customers and to other companies through its strong, professional distribution network and Technology Centres. They currently provide the broadest range of products available from any single supplier, this is supported by expertise in nine major technologies: hydraulics, pneumatics, electromechanical, filtration, process control, fluid and gas handling, sealing and shielding, climate control and aerospace.
Due to progression and company change they are now looking to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor to be based on a days position at the Sheffield site.
As the Health and Safety Advisor you will be based in Sheffield and will provide a professional EHS service to the Company, to monitor the application and compliance of all policies. You will also maintain an up to date awareness of all EHS legislation and develop a high level of professional expertise in EHS principles and techniques in order to guide/advise line management.
Other Duties Include;
- Provide advice and training to managers and representatives of employee safety on all EHS issues.
- Act as the primary Company interface with the HSE, Insurance Companies and any other external agencies involved in EHS including ISO auditors.
- Ensure that appropriate PPE is adopted for specific activities against the risk assessment and that stock is available and controlled in a cost effective manner.
- Undertake regular recording and analysis of data in order to be able to identify trends, respond to internal/external requests for information.
- Ensure safe practices of all contractors on site and maintain records.
- Facilitate, generate and maintain thorough risk assessments for all aspects of the business and train the relevant personnel on this.
To apply for the Health and Safety Advisor position based in Sheffield you will have some form of manufacturing experience and will have the following skills and qualifications;
- Qualified NEBOSH General Certificate (minimum).
- Environmental qualification (IEMA certificate).
- Understanding of ISO45001 and ISO 14001 standards and requirements.
- Broad experience of manufacturing environment including min 3 years being involved in safety and environmental issues.
- Effective trainer, ideally with experience of having led teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong, demonstrable IT skills in order to analyse and present data.
- ISO internal audit qualification.
£25,000 to £35,000