Food Microbiology Lab Assessor
Food Microbiology Assessor
Gloucestershire/Homebased with reports into HO
£30,000 - £35,000 + Car + Benefits
The position is for someone with strong, proven and up to date knowledge and experience in food microbiology, laboratory management and laboratory quality systems (particularly ISO17025); and also proven experience of auditing to recognised standards.
The job is demanding and requires a substantial amount of travelling, often out of core hours - predominantly in the UK though overseas travel will be expected to varying degrees throughout the year – and the need to work to defined deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct laboratory assessments as expected of a full-time assessor.
- To deliver professional assessments of the expected scope and standard
- To manage, deliver and report work to defined deadlines and required standard
- To accurately assess the status of laboratory operations (management and technical areas) and give valid/defendable recommendations on accreditation/approval
- To accurately review and comment on technical content of methods and suitability of
- supporting in house validation data and QC checks in relation to intended use
- To accurately assess suitability of actions to address findings raised by assessments
- and provide constructive feedback.
Qualifications and competencies
- Recognised qualifications in, and proven, up to date knowledge and experience of food microbiology.
- Extensive proven practical experience and technical understanding of up to date standard/recognised food microbiology methods and novel/commercial rapid methods (covering pathogens, indicator and spoilage organisms) and routine testing activities
- Extensive experience and understanding of the management and technical requirements in
- ISO 17025 and/or CLAS Standard - acquired by first-hand experience over several years
- a) managing/supervising, at a senior level, accredited laboratory operations and
- b) developing and implementing quality systems within laboratories.
- Experience of planning and conducting in house method evaluations/validations,
- appraising data and compiling validation reports.
- Trained in principle of auditing with previous proven experience of auditing
- quality systems against recognised Standards. (preferably within laboratory operations)
- Practical/working knowledge of specific retailer requirements for microbiology laboratories desirable, but not essential
- Full and clean driving licence
For further information please contact lesa at CPA Recruitment on 0208 203 1000 or email an up to date CV to email@example.com