Role title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Derbyshire, East Midlands
Salary: £45,000 pa + benefits
AIM recruitment has a new opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to join a meat manufacturer who is currently experiencing significant growth at their current site.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer/Engineering Manager, the purpose of the Maintenance Manager role is to facilitate the achievement of factory KPIs through the application of engineering / maintenance principles, the development of the engineering / maintenance workforce and the appropriate application of engineering technology whilst adhering to company policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Apply maintenance principles in accordance with strategy agreed by Factory Engineer. Organise and plan the maintenance activities so that the assets are maintained safely and cost effectively meeting agreed production performance.
- Responsible for scope & deliverables on all capital projects, in accordance with individual project requirements.
- Responsible for plant, services, process maintenance, performance and long-term development
- Fulfil line managers and individual Health and Safety responsibilities, as identified in Company and Site Health and Safety policies.
- Promote health and safety awareness and compliance by Company staff and contractors and ensure appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place.
- Assist in the preparation of Engineering Budgets in accordance with Company guidelines. Manage engineering functional cost elements and workflow to achieve budget targets. Define spares use and availability requirements.
- Systematically review performance, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve factory lines and equipment reliability and efficiency using the tools available. Develop and manage agreed engineering projects and ensure completion to time and budget, ensuring minimal disruption to the production units.
Manage/Develop Engineering Team
- To recruit, train and manage direct engineering reports to effectively and safely deliver their objectives. In addition, to work with Shift managers to identify and deliver technical training support for Operators. Cultivate a working environment of pro-activity, participation and learning through application of a leadership style with the Company principles at its core.
- Proven years practical engineering experience and maintenance management.
- Food factory production / manufacturing experience essential.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Time Served
- Strong people management experience.
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise work load
- Flexibility when required
Interested? Please contact Chris Clarke at AIM Recruitment on email@example.com or call 0115 923 4651 for a confidential conversation.