A global business, sourcing their products from South America, Europe, Africa, Australasia, India, China and the USA, our client is committed to a process of continuous improvement both in their quest for the best products and in their overall approach. Their stringent quality control, appropriate documentation, ongoing focused research and high levels of service make their brands number one in their respective field.
As a Buyer at our client you will be responsible for researching, sourcing and buying the most nutritious foods grown worldwide. Their supply chain is niche and they have high expectations as they demand quality to be high high. The company relies on the exceptional and consistent level of service that has been built on strong relationships with their suppliers.
They are looking for a proactive buyer to procure and develop their supply base, which is a major role for this position.
- The ideal candidate will be need to have experience in the key areas below:
- Researching and choosing partner suppliers to increase business demand
- Maintain all supplier relationships, reviewing any non-conformance issues and managing quality standards
- Review performance against company policies and procedures
- Support the launch for all future projects, ensuring that new products are sourced within agreed timescales and costings
- Category management, tendering and negotiation of all supplier agreements and contracts
- Negotiating and managing price agreements
- Analysing key sector metrics to understand trends
- Generate and analyse market data, reporting on findings to support category management and procurement
- Ensure import protocol is met with all new suppliers
- Liaising with finance to determine weekly payment schedule and raise POs
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about healthy and nutritious food
- Experience of buying in a food company preferably within an FMCG environment
- Knowledge of working with a global supply chain is highly advantageous
- Understanding of superfoods and experience in international imports and exports is beneficial
- Analytical with persuasive, negotiating skills and able to communicate with professionals at all levels internally & externally
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and be accustomed to working to tight deadlines
- Numeracy and an excellent attention to detail are a priority
- Self-motivated with strong planning skills
Monday to Friday – office hours apply
Ref Code: FMW38534
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.