Supplier Assurance and Raw Materials Technologist
Our Client, a fast paced, high volume manufacturer of chilled foods for the Major Retailers, is looking for a Supplier Assurance and Raw Materials Technologist for their site based in Kent. Reporting to the Technical Compliance Manager, the successful candidate will provide accurate, up to date and comprehensive supplier assurance and raw material documentation, in the required formats to the entire site, in order to produce safe and quality products.
Key accountabilities for the role are:
- Working cross-functionally to ensure all new raw materials are sourced and purchased from approved suppliers and to acceptable specifications
- Liaising with suppliers to approve specifications in correct formats, requesting further information and resolving any non-conformances
- Maintaining a database of specifications, ensuring they are reviewed within the correct time period and any updates communicated within the team
- Maintaining all supplier and raw material risk assessments, including vulnerability assessments and ingredients mapping and communicating any resulting actions
- Working with the Factory Technical Manager to implement raw material testing requirements based on risk assessment, customer specification, Retailer Codes of Practice, policy and legality
- Monitoring vendors' performance and communicating within the company
- Maintaining traceability programs and procedures to support the assurance schemes and key commodity accreditations
- Routinely auditing the site’s compliance to assurance schemes and communicating non-conformances and corrective actions to key stakeholders
Essential skills and experience include:
- Previous experience in a Supplier Assurance / Raw Materials role within the Food Industry
- Knowledge of HACCP and an understanding of Food Safety
- Accurate data input capabilities (including within Microsoft Excel) with an eye for detail
- Familiarity with Retailer Codes of Practice, specific to the sourcing of raw materials
- Internal audit training, ideal but not essential
- Highly organised and tenacious with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
The working hours of this role are Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm and the salary is up to £27k per annum, dependent upon experience. There may also be occasional travel to suppliers therefore a driving licence would be ideal but not essential.
- A well-established multi-site chilled food manufacturer
- Modern and well invested sites
- Supplying major retailers across the UK
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4376 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.