Job Type: Technical Controller
Salary: Excellent salary dependent on experience and full benefits package
Location: North West
Are you an experienced Technical Controller/Head of Technical or Senior Technical Manager ready to take that next step in your career? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Advocate Group are exclusively representing a global FMCG business who are looking for a Technical Controller to deliver their technical strategy aligned with business plans and growth initiatives. The business can offer an excellent level of progression, and are succession planning for their next Technical Director.
- Management of a team of 6 direct reports – Technical Managers
- Cross functional collaboration with internal teams including Technical, Sales, Commercial, NPD, Operations, Corporate Relations and Legal
- Establish and maintain the governance framework to ensure the compliance to customer, regulatory and business requirements across functions and all manufacturing sites
- Develop a group risk assessment and analytical plan, incorporating food defence, food fraud prevention and brand integrity, for global supply chain and manufacturing sites
- Lead the operational interface with customers, ensuring that strong and proactive relationships are developed
- Set strategic technical operational plans for each site, ensuring alignment to customer joint technical plans and the company technical strategy.
- Set and drive KPI performance and improvements, ensuring robust plans are effectively implemented for each site by customer
- Oversee relevant projects and lead/participate as required to ensure delivery on time in full.
- Participate in the development of the group technical supplier management strategy from an operations perspective
- Ensure technical due diligence, food safety and legal requirements are met across all manufacturing sites
- Effectively balance the requirements of multiple customers across all manufacturing sites
- Define best practice across sites and head office to deliver the most effective solutions for customers
- You will have significant technical expertise in a Senior Leadership role within the Food or Drink industry, or are currently a strong Senior Technical Manager ready to take the step up in your career
- Collaboration and cross functional working is key – you must be able to demonstrate your ability to engage and motivate teams to deliver excellent results across the business and collaborate across wider manufacturing
- Significant experience of supplier management within the global food supply chain
- Comprehensive knowledge of retailer codes of practice
- Experienced balancing the requirements of multiple customers
To apply directly please send a copy of your CV and cover letter by clicking the apply button below