Night Transport Supervisor
Do you have a passion for Transport and are looking for the next step into management?
Based at our Smethwick depot, we are looking for a Transport Supervisor to plan and lead a our Night shift transport team. You will ensure we deliver the required products to customers/depots in a timely manner and we are consistently operating in a manner which ensure the quality and safety of food goods and compliance with legislative and Group standards
This role works permanant nights on a 4 on 4 off basis
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Provide leadership and direction to the team to ensure that they are appropriately trained, operate to Group policy standards and shift performance is maximised
- Monitor operational practices to ensure that safety and compliance with the road traffic act are the critical priorities at all times
- Schedule and complete maintenance of the vehicle fleet to ensure compliance with the vehicle check and servicing practices, cleanliness, food safety requirements and leasing agreements
- Maintain close communication with Greencore sites and customers/depots to ensure that all parties are kept informed of any schedule or revised collection or delivery times
- Provide information and insight to inform the creation of the weekly route plans and associated drivers’ roster
- Monitor and adapt route and/or resource plans in response to any changes so that distribution service operates with maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Supervise the loading of vehicles to ensure that it is in the correct order in alignment with the vehicle route.
The role holder must be self-motivated and highly professional with a fair, consistent and diplomatic approach.
You must have the ability to work unsupervised, using their own initiative and determined in driving improvement.
You will have experience working in a fast paced distribution/ logistics environment supervising a team of drivers.
You will have basic computer literacy – able to utilise MS Office Suite for general recording and reporting
You should be able to demonstrable experience of making safety a critical priority within the team
Experience working with HHT would be beneficial.
About the company
Greencore is a leading manufacturer of convenience food in the UK. It supplies grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets. The Group has strong market positions in a range of categories including sandwiches, sushi, salads, chilled ready meals, chilled soups and sauces, chilled quiche, ambient sauces and pickles, and frozen Yorkshire Puddings.
On an annual basis, Greencore manufactures around 706 million sandwiches and other food to go products, 144 million chilled prepared meals, and 226 million bottles of cooking sauces, pickles and condiments. The Group carries out around 7,500 deliveries to stores each day.
Greencore has 15 world-class manufacturing sites in the UK, with industry-leading technology and supply chain capabilities. The Group has an annual turnover of ca.£1.5bn, employs approximately 11,300 people and is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.