Alexander Steele are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant on behalf of our client in the manufacturing sector in Derbyshire area. Please see details on the role below and do not hesitate to apply if you are interested!
- Produce monthly management accounts including accrual and prepayment journals.
- Preparation of monthly finance packs for the Financial Director.
- Compile monthly business reports for the management team
- Update the monthly financial projections for actual results
- Preparation of the consolidated Group accounts and board pack for the Financial Director
- Daily banking and update of daily cash flow projections report
- Produce daily sales and invoice reports and send to relevant personnel including the management team when sales ledger administrators are on annual leave or off sick
- Complete pre-invoicing checks prior to daily invoicing to prevent any avoidable errors when sales ledger administrator is on annual leave or off sick
- Generating monthly slow and obsolete products (SLOBS) report for distribution to the management team.
- ERP superuser and development coordinator acting as the first point of contact for any ERP queries.
- Preparation of audit packs and reconciliations for the external auditors.
- Analysis of monthly operational statistics and trends including the review of raw material usage variances and maintenance variances.
- Conducting research, analysis and support in respect of special ad hoc projects for Financial Director as required.
- To understand and adhere to Company policies and procedures which are relevant to both the site and the working environment.
- Adherence to Health & Safety regulations.
- Any other duties as deemed reasonable by your line manager.
Qualifications & Memberships
- 3 A-levels grades A-C or equivalent, 8 GCSE grades A-C (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- Degree in Accountancy and Finance (min 2:1)
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA qualified
- Solid understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Good working knowledge of accounting and reporting systems
- Advanced IT skills (Excel including formulas, Pivots, VLOOKUPs, Word & Powerpoint)
- Preparation of management accounts including calculating accruals and prepayments
- Completion of Quarterly VAT returns
- Reconciling Fixed Asset Register to General Ledger
- Preparation of cash flow statements and financial projections
- Margin analysis and investigation of production variances
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working within a fast-paced management accounts environment
- Working with ERP and/or financial accounting systems
- Willingness to study, learn and develop
- Confident & resilient
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Pragmatic and analytical approach to numbers
- Driven and motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster effective working relationships
- Active and supportive team player
- Diligent and methodical with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload and projects
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working to strict deadlines
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult situations
- Ability to follow instructions / procedures accurately and effectively